CIWM’s health and safety welfare pledge is rapidly gaining momentum with another flurry of signatories taking the total number to 74.
The waste and resource industry’s performance on health and safety is one of the worst in the UK and Ireland and we must do better.
Sixteen people died in the waste and resource industry in the UK in 2012/13 and two in the Republic of Ireland 2011.
Many of those lives could be saved and many thousands of other injuries prevented if risks were anticipated and sensible safety measures implemented.
One of CIWM’s objectives is to raise awareness and promote actions about the health, safety and welfare issues faced by our industry every day.
To that end it is supporting the European Week for Safety and Health at Work by creating a CIWM industry pledge.
The law requires organisations with more than 5 employees to have health & safety management policies.
CIWM is asking you and your organisation to do a little bit extra and go above and beyond the law by striving to make your place of work healthier and safer.
New Signatories Include:
- Corby Borough Council (NWP)
- Daventry District Council (NWP)
- East Northamptonshire Council (NWP)
- Kettering Borough Council (NWP)
- Northamptonshire County Council (NWP)
- Northamptonshire Waste Partnership
- South Northamptonshire Council (NWP)
- Grays Waste Management Ltd
- Enviroco Ltd
- Time Recycling Limited
- Craemer UK Ltd (Kliko Bins)
For more information and for a full list of signatories CLICK HERE