An inquest has been opened and a health and safety investigation launched after Neville Watson, 39, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
Watson had been working as an industrial cleaner at the plant, which processes green and food waste into compost, when the incident happened on 9 August. A post-mortem examination confirmed he died of asphyxiation.
The Health and Safety Executive will now produce a report on what happened, after which there will be a full inquest.
A pre-inquest review will take place on October 30.
Darren Stockley, managing director of New Earth Solutions, said: “Neville was a popular member of our site team at Blaise. We are all deeply shocked and saddened by his death.
“Colleagues have visited his family and given our condolences and sympathy.
“In addition to paying tribute to Neville, who will be greatly missed, I wish to thank all those who assisted him after the accident, including the emergency services
“We also are grateful for the messages of condolence we have received from others, which are being passed on to the family.”